Maverick in Sebastian Inlet

soflah3

The challenge of todays tech is that anything stupid you do goes viral instantly.  Guy learned a hard lesson, lost a 50k boat, thats bad enough.  Now he gets to relive it forever on the internet.    Maybe he deserved it, but man I have done some dumb things learning how to handle a boat the right way over the years, I just got lucky more times than he did.

okay . . . boys, isnt it called a PFD?   

14 hours ago, Big Dave said:

No PDF.  Not sure that boat should have been trying it.  I would have waited on a slack tide.  Hope he is ok.  

59 minutes ago, Fishtails said:

He shouldn’t have been there. The wave in the rear caused him to broach then he got it from the side. And as someone else pointed out, no pdf? Sometimes luck is hard to perceive. 

Unless we are talking about his documentation!  ;)

We run thru Sebastian quite a bit and have been for 30+ years. Those pics don't even make it look rough to me. But you have to know what you're doing and how your boat handles. Even then, sometimes things come together, at the wrong time, that creates a situation that only luck can overcome. Was not his day, glad he's ok.

It looks like he was tail dragging at idle speed. He would of been a lot better off with more throttle! Dragging that heavier 150 is a no no in a rough situation like that! What happened he panicked and just idled down. Instead of using the throttle to get him out of the problem. 🙏Glad he was able to go home to a family 

It looks like he was tail dragging at idle speed. He would of been a lot better off with more throttle! Dragging that heavier 150 is a no no in a rough situation like that! What happened he panicked and just idled down. Instead of using the throttle to get him out of the problem. 🙏Glad he was able to go home to a family