Sign in to follow this  
truenative

1986 Hewes Stalker

truenative,

Here is an email corespondance I had with Joel, Bob Hewes's son-in-law, from a few years back.

"hey brian, I have seen a handful of the stalkers. pop pop hewes made them, as an alternative to the bonefishers, which had been in production, for about 15 years, by then. we actually have one here for service this week, and i know of one here, in town. i think there were only about 30 of these made,."

Almost a one of a kind boat being that only around 30 were ever made.

Sweet! A third Stalker owner on here! That's a nice '88. That is the second time I've heard of so few being made. That seems funny because I can recall seeing at least 5 (mine, yours, truenative's, plus 2 online, one in the keys) in the last year or so. I'll have to get some pics of mine up soon. Glad to hear about replacing the floor and not the cap. My floor is just about shot.

Hey guys just thought Id chime in. I am in Charleston, SC and also have a Stalker, its an 87. Had it for over a year and love it. I did have to replace some of the deck which was not to bad. Thought it was interesting that I also pull mine with a Cruiser! That make 4 total?

1356014295-photo_5_.JPG.4e23f5a47ba764f3

1356014267-photo_6_.JPG.8cd570eb936eca38

1356014218-photo_2_.JPG.d5949b458838dc65

1356014167-photo_4_.JPG.0bff5ca3c751bd2c