trailer tires

algi

take a pic of the current tire....chances are  you won't be able to change the tire size, only the brand....I ran Maxxis for 10 years, just changed over to Goodyear Edurrance based upon great reviews on RV forums....Kumho is another brand which has had good results....

Years ago, Goodyear Marathons were NOT recommended by most - although some had no issues....

This is always a good discussion....just get a good quality tire, rated "D" if you can, keep the tire pressure at max and you should be fine....change every 3 years...

dc

"Years ago, Goodyear Marathons were NOT recommended by most - although some had no issues...."

No kidding!! Replaced the four Marathons on one of my trailers, two had blown the other two were close to useless, took them to the landfill and the attendant laughed at me and said there was an extra charge for those Goodyear's because they were such junk even the dump did not want them. :)

• Like 2

Radials are far superior in every aspect IMO: lower rolling resistance, better ride, longer life, cooler running, and so on and so forth. Bias or bias-belted sidewalls can be sturdier, which is not necessarily a plus. Just buy good tires, and make sure they have the proper load capacity. Also, keep them inflated to recommended pressure! After 5 years, replace them regardless of how nice the tread looks. 

I have 205 75 R15 on my 1996 Master Angler Trailer.  Single axle, aluminum trailer.  Trailer is not original.  No idea on the brand.  I just go to my local tire place and ask for the best trailer tire they sell in this size.  In 30 yrs of boating, I have had 1 blowout and it was due to age of the tire.