Wiring

Capt. Barry Cuda

12 hours ago, Capt. Barry Cuda said:

My brother is going to help me rewire my 24', 2001 Pathfinder (Yay!).

Does anyone know if I can get a premade wiring harness for it?  
It would save a LOT of work.

Thanks in advance for any help?

Take care,
Capt. Barry Cuda

check with Ray Ayres at the factory.  They might be able to make one off a pattern...they used to lay them out on a large plywood board set up with a series of nails to create various bundles....For sure, they should be able to send you a PDF with all the wiring colors and you could create it yourself.  Many of the rewires I have seen use like a "conduit" wire that will have multiple wires in various colors to pull through the chase easily vs a bundle of 8-10 colored wires in a handmade bundle.

enjoy 

dc

1 hour ago, SouthernWake said:

I would buy wore in bulk spools and run it myself. You can get it the correct length every time for a clean installation and have first hand knowledge of every connection and wire. I do know this is more work though.

I agree with this completely.  Buy bulk wire, better connections and components and do it yourself.   

I doubt they would sell their premade harness and if they did you would find it nearly impossible to pull it thru the rigging tube and to every connection.  These boats are wired with the cap off and before any rigging is installed / run. 

22 minutes ago, Lap it Up said:
1 hour ago, SouthernWake said:

I would buy wore in bulk spools and run it myself. You can get it the correct length every time for a clean installation and have first hand knowledge of every connection and wire. I do know this is more work though.

I agree with this completely.  Buy bulk wire, better connections and components and do it yourself.   

I doubt they would sell their premade harness and if they did you would find it nearly impossible to pull it thru the rigging tube and to every connection.  These boats are wired with the cap off and before any rigging is installed / run. 

Agree with the above, Engine wiring harness is different though, buy that pre-rigged from the manufacturer. When it comes to the accessories on the boat you are talking about 2 conductors to each typically, just get some duplex wire in the correct size for the loads, marine grade heat shrink terminals and you should be good to go, not difficult at all.