Maverick Boats Bass Fisherman?

Collin_Kennedy98

Bought my first Maverick MA to fish Smith Mountain Lake up in Virginia.  Something funny about seeing a skinny water flats boat with a poling platform in a lake that is 50'deep 5 feet from shore, but I found it to be an excellent platform for chasing striper and bass.  No matter where I live, I think I will always have a flats boat!   

Maybe we can start a movement. #replacethesparklewiththemav

• Like 2

I bgt my Hewes 20ft LT in Cape Cod from a guide who used it for striper fishing Monomoy flats in Chatham.  Fished with him a few times and bgt the boat and took it to CT and am still fishing for stripers on Long island sound today.  Many stripers have come over the sides of that boat.  It's one of two boats with a poling platform. It is a curiosity to most people.LOL

• Like 2

I have a Hewes Light Tackle 20 in SC and I pretty much only use it for bass fishing and striper fishing. Works great for what I do and gets some head turns for sure. Fish a big bass tournament every year and I always laugh when I pull up to weigh a fish and the bass boat guys have no clue what that "thing" is on the back of the boat. Huge front deck for fly fishing for striper is nice or throwing top waters you can have two guys up there no problem.

• Like 3

I bass fish out of a Pathy.  Get some looks from time to time.  Actually love the setup.  Only downfalls are windy conditions push you around more than a baser and my 20’er doesn’t have an ideal place for the front bass seat.  It’s a little further forward than what I’d like.  Makes it awkward to use the foot control for the Ulterra.  

• 3 weeks later...