IPilot remote freeze up?

johnd

Not MBG specific, but this group has a lot of experience so maybe someone knows.  Running anchor mode for hours yesterday, all the sudden remote went blank.  Then would not find motor (turned on/off motor a few times) and the remote would NOT turn off.  Like it froze up.  This is new model remote.  Haven't opened it up yet, could it be a simple as batteries or ?   TIA for thoughts.  

1 hour ago, johnd said:

Not MBG specific, but this group has a lot of experience so maybe someone knows.  Running anchor mode for hours yesterday, all the sudden remote went blank.  Then would not find motor (turned on/off motor a few times) and the remote would NOT turn off.  Like it froze up.  This is new model remote.  Haven't opened it up yet, could it be a simple as batteries or ?   TIA for thoughts.  

I have had something similar happen but not as extreme.   If left on spot lock for a long tine, the remote will turn itself off.  I didnt have the issue of the remote not finding the TM again, but it was wierd.  I recall having a little trouble getting everything back to normal.

Smile: the screen did come up, but was unable to control motor or even turn off?

UPdATE:  removed remote batteries.  (clean, still have power). Reinstalled.  Just tried and worked fine.  Guess gremlin was trying to tell me yesterday was too cold to fish and wanted to come home.