RF 16 owners - I need a measurement - please

geeviam

I need a favor, if any late model Redfisher 16 owners (2013 or later with a F90 or F115 or VF115) have a chance to check a measurement for me.  I'd like to know the distance on the transom from the top of the pocket to the center of the top mounting bolt (hole), as shown in red in the attached photo.  Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Gary

thumbnail?id=1gCfoaXgv0SAacO-CBoPd0iw98u

36 minutes ago, HoneyB said:

Well the reason I asked is I have a 16 red fisher with a two stroke but you know the bolt pattern should be a standard template. Mine is 16 3/4 inches to the center of the top mounting bolt. 

Yep, same bolt pattern for all motors.  Thanks for the help HoneyB.

I have the wrong boat and year you are asking for, 2005 21', but just had to check for feces and chuckles.  About 16 3/4" on mine.  With the boat having a jackplate,under a cover, and backed up to a fence it was difficult to get an exact reading.  I know it was not the boat you were asking about but the back end is about the same as the 16'. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2020 at 5:02 AM, mulligan said:

I have the wrong boat and year you are asking for, 2005 21', but just had to check for feces and chuckles.  About 16 3/4" on mine.  With the boat having a jackplate,under a cover, and backed up to a fence it was difficult to get an exact reading.  I know it was not the boat you were asking about but the back end is about the same as the 16'. 

Thanks Mulligan!

On my '04 16' with a 115 yamaha the top hole is 16 3/4" up from the pocket.  the motor is mounted in that top hole and is right up against the metal (aluminum) trip on the transom.

BTW, looks like your up near Kennesaw; I'm in Sandy Springs and been interested in meeting some other Hewes and MBG folks around this area.

On 1/16/2020 at 10:13 AM, Limitless said:

On my '04 16' with a 115 yamaha the top hole is 16 3/4" up from the pocket.  the motor is mounted in that top hole and is right up against the metal (aluminum) trip on the transom.

BTW, looks like your up near Kennesaw; I'm in Sandy Springs and been interested in meeting some other Hewes and MBG folks around this area.

Thanks for the help Limitless!

On 1/16/2020 at 11:17 AM, geeviam said:

Thanks for the help Limitless!  Mine has the hard black plastic corner strip on the transom top and the holes are drilled through on the bottom part of it.  So far my bolt holes are 3/4" higher than everyone else.

Do you run your RF 16 on Lake Lanier?  I'd like to run my boat in your area, but it's not an easy drive from the Greenville area where we live.  We run our boat on Lake Keowee and Lake Jocassee mostly.  Hartwell is close too.  PM me with your email address when you get a chance.  Maybe we can plan an Appalachian Redfisher Owners gathering, lol!  I think there are a few more RFs in our area.

I'm in greenville, SC...I race sailboats often on Hartwell, Keowee, and Lanier and am a member at Keowee Sailing Club.  I'm up there a good bit with my RF16.  will PM you my email addy if you guys ever want to schedule a meetup.

• Like 1