OUCH! Is this a Member's Hewes?

flatwater

I may be going against the crowd here, but I don't think he's too far off in his price. Motor is almost brand new, with extended warranty. Probably worth 9K. Expensive PP, TM, GPS. New fuel tank and lots of little things already done that would end up being a couple grand if you needed to take care of them after the fact If you can get the whole package for 9-10, trailer for 2, and are capable of doing the gl*** work yourself, you could be in a really nice updated boat for the price of an original ragged one.

yeah, Ive been communicating with him some. I would really like the Motor, PP, GPS, TM. But it has to work out for both sides. He really had a nice boat before and it would of been a 15-17K redfisher. But you can't overpay, motor is worth 7000 max, and the other items that are removable maybe another 2000. I know he will come off the 12k but still not close enough to be worth it for most. The hull looks destroyed and even the best repair guy is not gonna want to put 5k of work into a 8k hull.

Ok let's clear some things up since this is my boat.

First, boat was secured to the trailer with straps. They failed. They hooks bent straight in the back, and the front strap snapped

Second, insurance was in the process of being finalized. Probably shouldn't have taken it out the couple times I have but I couldn't wait. So yea that was stupid

As far as the price goes it is slightly high for 2 reasons. One is I'd rather fix it and have it back to use. And second is to start slightly high and come down for all you guys who watched some tv show where they got some item for 1/2 it's value and flipped it for double what it's worth and think you can do it because you saw it on tv or read about it in a forum.

To say the rig is worth 7 max is crazy. The motor is worth 7-8 it's self. I have the receipt from 11/09/2013 for $12,457.88 and that doesn't include the extra 3 years of warranty. The motor has 245 hours and has been regularly serviced, receipts to prove. It has a 4 blade Power tech stainless prop plus 2 additional 3 blade stainless props

The one month old power pole pro is worth 1,200 (atleast) and the trolling motor and 2 new group 27 batteries are worth $800 so there's another 2k.

The hull has newer hinges and brand new seals on all hatches. Trim tabs, a brand new helm sea decked polling platform, a front casting platform also seadecked, and a new 30 gallon fuel tank installed by Isla Marine on 4/15/2015 receipt for $2,633.21. So I feel comfortable saying even wrecked it's worth 2-3k

I think 10-12k is more than fair. Sorry it's not the deal you saw on tv once. I'm sure whoever bought it would fix it and it would be on Craigslist for 20k. I looked for months before buying this boat and I wish I would have seen Hewes at the prices y'all say.

96 redfisher, regardless, its an awful sight to see that happen to a cl***ic hull and i wish you all the best in the situation, especially since you didnt own the boat very long.

Not to throw salt in the wound, but for future reference and to prevent something like this happening again, you can get insurance with a quick phone call to your agent and minor information (hull, trailer, motor id), ***uming you know who you wanted to go with. .

Hopefully this will all work out for the best for you, again, best of luck

Ouch. Sorry to see this especially after all the work it sounds like you've done to her.

Just remember something is only worth what someone will pay for it. That's even more so true on something unique like this where your not going to find a real comparable. If $ is an issue, you might be better off parting it out yourself.

Folks, salt in a wound. Put yourself in his shoes. We've all done stupid stuff, cut corners, taken risks. Most of the time it works out. When it doesn't, it takes awhile to permeate. Sometimes we learn from the mistake, sometimes we don't, but I think we leave this topic alone. Redfisher took a hit none of us would wish on anyone. Encouragement and sympathy are a better antidote to advice right now. At least that's what I'd rather. Tough to find yourself on a forum you weren't even a member of and find folks poking holes in your every move. He's an MBC owner, let's help him out.

Anybody have a repair connection that might be able to help this guy?

The best connection i can offer is my fibergl*** guy but he is in Palm Harbor so he isnt that close to you. Hes worked on plenty of them and would make the boat like brand new i know that. i know he has also done almost identical cap/rubrail work when my buddy hit a channel marker. If you click the link you will see the photos of the flats boat on the first page

96 redfisher, heres his link: http://www.bluewaterboatworks.com/

If you call, tell him Shane on the mbc forum sent you. Doesnt hurt to get a rough estimate 2nd opinion.

To the guy who quoted me "my buddie does fibergl*** I help him" one the guy is not my buddy. I said I have a guy that I know who does fibergl*** for one of the local dealers. That's where the boat is now. I said I've helped him in the past because I have a rough knowledge of fibergl*** and gelcoat. Not in a million years would I try and do the work myself. That's why it's at a professionals shop and I'm trying to get quotes from other professionals.

Folks, salt in a wound. Put yourself in his shoes. We've all done stupid stuff, cut corners, taken risks. Most of the time it works out. When it doesn't, it takes awhile to permeate. Sometimes we learn from the mistake, sometimes we don't, but I think we leave this topic alone. Redfisher took a hit none of us would wish on anyone. Encouragement and sympathy are a better antidote to advice right now. At least that's what I'd rather. Tough to find yourself on a forum you weren't even a member of and find folks poking holes in your every move. He's an MBC owner, let's help him out.

Best advice yet within this thread.

SIDE NOTE:

Bashing on MBC is of poor taste and Prohibited.

Play Nice.

Id let it go man, not worth kicking someone when they are down

whichwaysup Said:

Best advice yet within this thread.

SIDE NOTE:

Bashing on MBC is of poor taste and Prohibited.

What they said.

Best of luck with whatever choice you make. It looks like you had a great boat.

lighten up on the guy already. he just lost his boat. you do not know all the facts. cut him some slack with the insults. see your new to the forum, it's not the way we do it here, were family. fin

have notice you have made other rude remarks on other threads since joining this forum. if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing please.

read your first post on this thread, it speaks volumes about YOU

Yamaha F115LB Four Stroke In-Line

Price: $8, 877.00

MSRP: $11, 455.00

Type: Outboard Motor

Year: Current

Series: Four Stroke In-Line

HP: 115

Engine Type: In-Line Four Cylinder

Control Type: Remote

Weight: 377 lb

Power Trim and Tilt: Yes

Shaft Length: 20 inch

Believe me I know the real world. I deal with it everyday I go to work. I'm far from butt hurt about you disagreeing with me. I came here to maybe look for someone with a hull, good fibergl*** guy. Unfortunately before I could ask for help I came across this thread and figured I'd try and clear the air since you don't know me or my situation. If I don't find the right buy at the price that's worth it for me to sell, no problem, I have the money and will get my mistake fixed. If you aren't the guy that's gona buy it at what I want for it and don't have any useful information for me then you're wasting my time. I've always heard this was a decent forum with decent information not just full of guys who are looking for their next flip.

Archived