New trailer for boat

Bulldogs15

I just bought a 2004 Hewes Redfisher 16. The previous owner bought a new trailer for the boat about a month before I bought it and I feel like the trailer needs to be adjust. I’m just not sure on how the boat needs to exactly sit on the trailer. Right now the runners are about a inch on the inside on the transom. I have trim tabs so I’m assuming that’s fine but I also have a roller near the bow that the boat doesn’t even touch causing me to have to lift the boat up on the wench. If I move the wench forward to make contact with the roller should I cut my runners down so my trim tabs do not sit on my runners?

Can you upload any pics? First, maybe you only need to raise the bow stop or move the winch stand backwards?

Otherwise, I had to reset a replacement trailer for my 18 that was originally set for a 16.  I moved the bow stop forward (winch stand) and I had to adjust the height as well.  I also moved the bunks forward (as I wanted the full length for support) and drilled new holes in the bunks for holding hardware.  However, depending on your trailer, you may only be able to move the bunks forward so far and you may still have to cut off some length if the trim tabs end up sitting on top of the bunks. Also, if looking at boat on trailer, do you feel it sits high or  low?  If so, you could drill new holes at a higher or lower placement in the bunks.  I ended up doing both, moving forward and lowering height of bunks.  Before adjustment the boat was heavy on the transom, afterwards I ended up with a better weight distribution and gained the usage of a low riding trailer.

I would say move the boat forward on the trailer so that the entire hull sits on the bunk boards. The internet is full of stories where people feel that the hull can form a hook if the boat is not fully on the bunk boards. I would guess the bunks are long enough to support the hull without the roller. I would lower the winch to allow the boat to sit level on the bunks and raise the bow roller to meet the hull at that point. As stated above pics would help.