Rims?

whichwaysup

I bought a set of 8 ply 14" radials on galvanized rims, balanced and shipped.. from etrailer.. Best price anywhere.

As to which tires are the best for trailers.. I go to THT.. One of the few topics I search for there.  The brands seem to be great for a couple years and then fail. I went with the Karriers and they have been cool and true.

MW

• Like 1

All the pretty rims just don't look so pretty after a couple years unless you want to spend time detailing them after each dunk. The fish simply don't give a darn what your trailer looks like & nice trailers draw more attention of thieves IMO.

Earlier this year I bought a pair of galvanized 14" rims, heavy duty/high pressure brass valve stems & Freestar tires thru Amazon for less than $190 shipped for free to my door. They are the exact same parts I would've bought at any trailer shop, bps, wally world, etc for about 25% cheaper altogether. 

I upgrade these trailer parts as follows: Tires every 2 years. Hubs & lugs every 3 years. Axle every 5 years. Wheels every 8 years. 

I just picked up at pair of Goodyear Endurance from my Firestone dealer who handles them..

Very impressed with the construction vs. the horrible GY Marathons...these are made in USA and have rave reviews on all the RV forums...

Let's see how they last...

Have been a Maxxis only buyer for 7 years, but, I needed a pair quickly.....

Had them balanced and first trip...felt like nothing behind the F150..

DC

I have the original (six year old) polished aluminum rims on my AmeraTrail trailer. Still look good, but I coated them with Shark Hide. I just bought 5 Goodyear Endurance to replace the original tires. Bought them from Wal-Mart on line. They come from a third party and are delivered to Wal-Mart. They called to say tires are in, mounted and balanced for $15 per tire. They have to be manufactured to a higher standard than most trailer tires, because they are speed rated to 90 mph. Most trailer tires are rated for 65 mph. Mod is right, the guys on THT are loving them.

• Like 1

Yes.

I had the GY Endurance on a previous single axle trailer under my PF 22 and never had issues. 

I did read a thread on THT recently where one of the boat transporters said he was using Carlisle tires. I believe the radial trail HD. But since you only need 2 spring for the GY Endurance. The dudes at discount tire rave about them too. 

On 12/17/2019 at 3:58 PM, triplec said:

Sure I have run them but they are flat ugly. My ole master angler sure aint ugly so no sense dressing her down 🤣 

Right kinda heels make the legs look good ya know 🔥

Makes her look way younger than her 24 years of life suggest 👇

Can I get an AMEN!

Also, X2 on the full stainless lug nuts. I usually have the trailer tires balanced every 6-8 months which also ensures I wont have issues with them getting stuck on. Theres just something about a good looking set of trailer rims to set the boat off.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A little late to the party, but I definitely agree about not putting two-piece lugs on.  Just plain garbage in my opinion.  Had to replace all 25 lugs on my wife's Explorer and was lucky to get them all off as they started stripping with very little torque.  The sleeve they use to make the lug look shiny is cruddy metal, too soft to hold up to the repeated torque applied while removing or tightening, especially if you're using an impact wrench.  Not to mention that anything with a seam is subject to crevasse corrosion, where the seam will corrode faster that surrounding areas. 

Looks like you already had that figured out with the solid lugs, just thought I'd throw in my two cents.