70's 17 bonefisher

FL cracker

Log in again and do a search. There are a few owners who have taken Cl***ics down to the gl*** and redone them. The results have been spectacular. Chest Pains is one member who did a full restoration.

Please, do the work knowing that you own a piece of history ("The boat that invented the sport" !). Then join us at an Owner's Tournament to show off your skiff..

MWoods

Welcome to the "Hewes Restoration Club". I am about half way through restoring a 1970 bonefisher. Feel free to contact me with any questions you have.I have been trying to take as many pics as I could of the whole process, so it's possible I may have some "visual help for you as well.

Good luck with that beauty!

• 2 months later...

Well, I've gotten some work done on the boat. I have taken out the floor, half of the top cap, and the transom. I am ready to pour the new transom in, but have not had the time. Have been really busy at work, and no room in the shop, seems like when I have time it ends up raining. I will post some pictures when I get the transom poured, hopefully it wil be soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice,

I still have not had a chance to work on mine either. I did pick up a 1995 C115 for mine the other day. It is in great shape and the compression is good. I was going to go with the 90 to save weight and not have to carry the external oil tank but it worked out with the c115, it is about 30 pounds lighter than an injected model and I dont' have to carry the oil tank......keep teh pics coming, i'm going to try and work on the old girl this weekend.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm working on second lappy now, consider CG, refurbed a redfisher, moved fuel, batts. forward and dramatically changed draft. Also, used foam core materials to save weight, jet ski batt. everything I could to save weight. If you think draft and weight from the beginning the draft can be greatly improved.

Archived