HPX 18 transducer(s)

finbully

For those of you running an HPX 18, do you have one or two transducers? I had a 2013 HPX 18 and am moving to a 2020. My 2013 had one in hull transducer. I'll be using a Navico product since I rely on FMT.

I've been seeing new HPX's with transom mounted transducers (Total Scan & 3in1). How do these perform while running on plane?

I'm considering a thru hull high-wide chirp plus maybe a transom mounted Total Scan. Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

They are working fine. The 3 in 1 washes out while on plane but that is to be expected since it’s not in the water while on plane. Side scan that I use the 3 in 1 for is at idle speed anyway. The Airmar is probably overkill but the HW gives the largest cone angle - even larger than less expensive H (high Chirp) transducers. It works fine on plane which is why I went with 2 transducers. I mounted the 3 in 1 directly to the hull because I don’t like the transom brackets - just another thing to zip off a fish with IMO. Learned the 3 in 1 mounting location from my TX bass boats.