Squanto10

8 vs 10ft powerpole on hewes redfisher 18

Just curious, anyone on here running a 10ft blade on their 18 hewes redfisher? Currently I have an 8ft, but am contemplating replacing with a 10 so I can anchor in all of my spots regardless of tides. Just don’t know how it’ll look/function with the blade sticking up 2ft higher. Any pics would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

3 hours ago, Squanto10 said:

Just curious, anyone on here running a 10ft blade on their 18 hewes redfisher? Currently I have an 8ft, but am contemplating replacing with a 10 so I can anchor in all of my spots regardless of tides. Just don’t know how it’ll look/function with the blade sticking up 2ft higher. Any pics would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

If you don't pole it doesn't matter.....bigger is better for Powerpole...I have dual 8's and love'm, but, I should have gone dual 10's...

dc

I think HoneyB is right,  I forget the exact difference.  I went through the same thing when trying to decide which size to  go with.  I simply taped a 2x4 on to the Power Pole I already had on the boat to see how it would look.  Ended up with the 10 footer.  

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 5:02 PM, Squanto10 said:

I ran 10's on a master angler few years ago. Ran 8's thought I wanted longer, ran 10s, didn't like them so back to 8s. I will see if I can dig up some photos. I thought I needed longer but the 10s don't hold as well as they 8's or didn't then. Too much flex in shallow water. The grasshopper leg effect for lack of better terms. If they don't deploy deep enough they are too much of and angle like grass hop legs and they flex a lot.The 8's excelled for me in 1.5 to 6' of water and thats my majority.  I find I use the Rhodan to anchor in anything deeper so the 10's just didn't impress me. It could be they have improved the stiffness to minimize the hopper leg effect too though but them suckers are tall.

• Like 2

I went with dual 10's. The pic makes it seem like they are higher above the platform than they are. After I got them I thought they looked to tall and would get in the way but I haven't found myself thinking that while fishing.

Hope this helps.

57273850294__40A6E487-CD5E-4B86-9DA3-5AB740D7666F.jpg