2500 wash down trouble!

Just purchased a 2500, really loving the boat! 

The boat is around 4 months old and I was fishing this weekend when the raw water quit working. Just wondering if it’s a common problem with the pentair units or if it’s just a fluke. The boat has been perfectly maintained and stored inside a warehouse. The pump shows signs of blistering paint and no longer works. 

It’s almost like it looses prime but I know it is getting water, could it be a pressure switch issue? 

1EF733A1-2AD0-40F4-B135-C8E3CED7DD5D.jpeg

8FF78313-4CE7-438F-8629-8399D63FD76C.jpeg

5 hours ago, jason p said:

Make sure its getting power then call Pentair. When I was trouble shooting my fish box pump, they’re pretty helpful. Their warranty is 1 year so definitely give them a shout before then. 

Thanks for the reply! I will definitely reach out to them! 

Yeah mine is pretty corroded as well, the bilge of a boat is a pretty terrible place for anything metallic, it really never dries unless you keep the boat in AC. The pumps that Power Pole are now using are really top notch, as are the rest of their products and especially their customer service. If you start comparing other companies and components to PowerPole you’ll be disappointed more often than not. 

• Like 1