Gags & snook FTP 12-8-15

FINCHASER

The snook bite has definitely cooled down... last 2 trips resulted in skunks and I swore I wasn't going to go again for a while. Well I couldn't resist and decided to go.... the weather was a bit of a shock after such a nice day I started hitting rain on the way over,,, great... I just got everything dried out from the last rainy trip! Oh well got the rain gear out and went at it... it was slow and I was moving all over the place trying to locate fish and using the time to fish new spots. It took awhile to get my 1st fish, a snook at 32.5" that of course was released and I went back at it.

Moved around a bunch more and finally hooked up again, another snook... had it at boatside for several seconds and looked to be a lower slot fish and while getting ready to grab it the hook pops free and it swims off...%$&*!... I swear I am going to buy that net Ive been saying Im gonna buy for 2 months now!

Moved around alot more and ended up in the inlet. I was slow rolling a jig and got a vicious hit followed by Line screaming off the reel and figured I was into an overslot snook.... nope up pops a fat gag which taped out at 29.25"! Not much else happened the next 45 min and was just about to pull the plug when the jig gets crushed and up pops yet another Gag, that taped out right at 28"!

1449705625-PC080001.jpg.0a1274a4a82ce16d

1449705642-PC080005.jpg.4aae17faf1a49130

1449705654-PC080008a.jpg.f38f7d6385c56e6

Thanks SCFD.... don't know about "master" in that respect... definitely a master at getting time on the water so finding fish is bound to happen. Ive never really fished the spots im getting them so not sure yet if it will be repeatable next fall but Im gonna find out. One more report to come!

Archived