Quality Speaker Suggestions

CharlestonMav

• 2 weeks later...
not at all. the console provides plenty of air and space for deeper b*** reflection. If I could only choose one location it would be the console w two JL 8.8s, single JL amp and JL Bluetooth. No head unit and very deep and powerful system with minimal holes cut

So if i wanted to run this exact system what amp would i need? wouldnt i only need a 2 channel amp? and can any amp use a bluetooth device as long as it has rca ports?

For just 2 speakers 8.8's a m400/4 bridged will sound really good.

agreed and yes the JL bluetooth will plug into the amp directly. The bluetooth will of course need a power source. I would also reco installing the speakers so they are above the gunwale when mounted in the console

For just 2 speakers 8.8's a m400/4 bridged will sound really good.

agreed and yes the JL bluetooth will plug into the amp directly. The bluetooth will of course need a power source. I would also reco installing the speakers so they are above the gunwale when mounted in the console

Do you run the amp off its own battery or do you use the cranking?

I only have one battery for house and starter. Ive never had an issue with running JL M-series amps, they claim low power use. If you have a decent house/starting battery you will be fine. I've run this setup on 3 different boats and setups only used JL amps though. That being said I have a backup battery in the event my battery fails. Best of luck. Let us know what you decide, easily installed/wired. I run AGM batteries, charge them after every use and knock on wood never any issues.

Archived