Quality Speaker Suggestions

CharlestonMav

I am looking to put new speakers on my boat. Any suggestions out there or products to stay away from? I want the speakers to be of good quality so they will withstand the conditions and time and also do not want them to blow out. What have y'all found to be the best? I have heard good things about fusion. Thanks!

Check out wetsounds if you want the best, in my opinion of course, results may differ for others. Ive heard JL and wet sounds on my exact boat, and much preferred the sound of wet sounds. Wet sounds has been a great company to deal with as well.

I have 4 sw- 808's on my boat and they are loud! At 65 mph they are crystal clear loud enough that the volume isnt the whole way up. Jokingly with a friend fishing a shoreline near me on a lake i turned them way up on some stupid song from the 70's. My friend 100 yards away could hear them clear and we were all laughing listening to aerosmith or something

They are higher in price but you do get what you pay for. Ive had the rockford fosgates, they arent bad by any means, just depends on your wants. I wanted sound that i could hear loud and clear on long runs at 65+ mph, my rockfords usually cut out around 35-40, but i only had 2. My hewes 21 had 4 rockford fosgate 8 inch and a rockford 10 inch sub on the front of console. That was loud, but just wasnt as clear and crisp, but in no means poor quality. They would be my 2nd or 3rd choice

Heres a pic i have of where they are installed on my boat:

0909151636a_zpsgkwmgsly.jpg

I have the led rings which you may want to check out, heres a video:

Heres 2 pics from the led rings on my boat

Screenshot_2015-11-09-17-42-17_zpss5jwv9im.png

Snapchat-4881324651637261488_zpsxsmbts0q.jpg

• 2 months later...

J L marine!

I have been installing custom stereos in cars and boats since the early 80's. JL is the best sounding, best Marine quality product.

The JL subs are insane! I put two in a 20' ski boat. Best sounding system I have ever built. I don't sell the stuff I just like building amazing sounding systems that stay together.

not at all. the console provides plenty of air and space for deeper b*** reflection. If I could only choose one location it would be the console w two JL 8.8s, single JL amp and JL Bluetooth. No head unit and very deep and powerful system with minimal holes cut

Link to JL Bluetooth Node

Link to JL Bluetooth Controller

You are talking about using one of these devices? Plugs into the amp, and you pair with a phone/iPad and good to go, with no receiver, right? Sweet.

Here is a link explaining this option, created by a couple of Brits so it is a little goofy, but informative.

Interesting but how do you adjust the audio? B***, treble balance etc...?

Wet Sounds or JL Audio are the only speakers worth spending money on in my opinion- mine has been going to wet sounds for years.

the key to not blowing any speaker out though is getting them clean power. cheap speakers on an amp will sound better than expensive speakers on distorted deck power.

Thanks Jason! haha. I'll have to upload some pics. no need for controller as you use your iphone etc. but yes that is the jl Bluetooth

I have my console speakers mounted similar to Stashedhis but my 7.7s are above the rod holders. Also, good point as you can mount the b*** in the front of console. I went with the sport speakers but in retrospect I would go w the cl***ic grill as it protect the speakers better.

Link to JL Bluetooth Node

Link to JL Bluetooth Controller

You are talking about using one of these devices? Plugs into the amp, and you pair with a phone/iPad and good to go, with no receiver, right? Sweet.

Here is a link explaining this option, created by a couple of Brits so it is a little goofy, but informative.

Interesting but how do you adjust the audio? B***, treble balance etc...?

normal functions through your phone (volume, songs, other featured linked to audio that your phone may have as options), b***, treble, balance etc are adjusted directly on the amp

Not to hijack the thread but..... I have 4 6.5 JL's in my boat with no amp.. hooked to the Fusion MS-RA 205. Do you guys recommend adding an amp even if I don't have a sub? Also, if you add an amp...would I need to add another battery as well. My current set up has 3 batteries... 2 for trolling motor and 1 for everything else...

I'd love to add a sub one day...just not exactly sure where I'd put it...

I would def use a amp with JL speakers. The more power the better they sound! Wasting your $ if you do not have a amp with these speakers. I have one battery for my house/starter and never an issue after listening to the stereo all day at the sandbar with my JL amps. But I do have a backup in the unlikely event my house battery fails.

Archived