Trim tab replacement

Smoak352

I replaced those a handful of times on my old Pathfinder. Not through bolted and easy enough to do, but be patient. When you clip the connection in the bilge, tie a piece of string on the end you're going to pull out of the boat, obviously make sure it's long enough to pull the new cable back through. I have found that the string doesn't like to stay put on the cable, so I got to where I would wrap a bailing wire around the cable end using a pair of pliers to make sure I'm tight on the cable. I'd make a basic loop on the other end of the bailing wire to tie my string on...grease up the cable with Vasoline or something, and get at it. Nothing to it.

My local Boaters Discount carries the standard Lenco actuator and they're typically around $170-$200. A couple years back I found them online (can't recall where) from a shop in Texas. They were $114 w/ free shipping. If you're not in a hurry, shop them online for the best price.