2007 2000V MAIN LIVE WELL

AntonRx

Afternoon everyone! I've been trying to trouble shoot the main live well. the pump is not working. Fuses look good; wires appear connected. Assuming its the pump itself. Before i take it out, anything to consider? Do I use 4200 when reconnecting? Also, how often do you clean the filters going to both live wells? 

If the pump is original, it will have a Deutsch connector.  You should be able to unplug the connector and detach the cartridge.  You can cut the wires and solder the new pump wires to the old Deutsch connector or replace the Deutsch connector.

i always carry a spare cartridge because, some last forever, and others fail just when you have a large supply of fresh bait!

With respect to the filters, you should clean them often. Especially if you use your trolling motor in shallow water. The TM kicks up grass, sand and sediment that is picked up by the live-well pump and deposited into the filter. A restricted filter causes the pump to cavitate because it can't get enough water. This heats up the veins and causes the pump to squeal and overheat.

If you see what appears to be air entering the live-well with the water, you have waited to long between cleanings.

3 hours ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

With respect to the filters, you should clean them often. Especially if you use your trolling motor in shallow water. The TM kicks up grass, sand and sediment that is picked up by the live-well pump and deposited into the filter. A restricted filter causes the pump to cavitate because it can't get enough water. This heats up the veins and causes the pump to squeal and overheat.

If you see what appears to be air entering the live-well with the water, you have waited to long between cleanings.

Great advice! I just realized my switch panel has a rocker labeled for "recirculator"... I only have 2 livewell pumps (main livewell and release well)… Am I missing something?

Look in the livewell and see if you have a dome shape screen on the side down low. Now look on the outside of the livewell right there and you will see the recirculating pump. Up top you will have 2 black valves . One is the outside livewell the other is the recirculating valve.  No wire dome screen then no recirculating. 

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:57 PM, smilemaker said:

Look in the livewell and see if you have a dome shape screen on the side down low. Now look on the outside of the livewell right there and you will see the recirculating pump. Up top you will have 2 black valves . One is the outside livewell the other is the recirculating valve.  No wire dome screen then no recirculating. 

So, there's no screen or additional pump. Why would I have a switch from the factory that's labeled for recirculation then? Was this common?