Sign in to follow this  
flatsdoctor

Estero report

Things are getting better again since last year s Red Tide, going from dead fish everywhere to lots of bait, lots of smaller snook and redfish

lots if sheepshead and small snappers.

Spanish Mack’s are everywhere too

Trout, Reds and Snook still closed. (tough to implement with so many private docks and little LEOs)

I feel it would be good to keep these game fish protected another year. Let nature do it's work !!  (And pray for no Red Tide again)

• Like 1

Reading the Naples News today there has been another  fish kill showing up from Naples beaches to Barefoot beach.  Not good news unfortunately.  I hope and pray this isn't the start of yet another bad yr for Red Tide. 

If that is Collier County, the FWC just reported some Red Tide in the area. Man I hate to hear that. I thought this constant East wind would have blown any Red Tide offshore.

I had good luck in the Englewood area last month. Caught 9 slot Reds in three days. That is the first Reds I have caught in 18 months. Also lots of small Snook, average Trout and small Mangro Snappers. Lots of bait everywhere, three casts and the live-well was full.