Mercury SpitFire X7 prop

wheres the fish

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm considering this prop for my 2015 merc four stroke. I'm impressed with the performance gain you experienced. I'm debating between this and a heavily cupped and vented 3 blade. Just wondering if this prop has any cup to it and why you chose it over a 3 blade with decent cup?

I will be putting this prop on a tunnel hull; even though it's a different hull still would like to hear your input.

Where's the fish,

That prop sounds like the ticket for the 115's. I am going to look around locally and see if I can find one to test. What pitch did you end up with a 19 or 21? Never mind, I looked above and see you have a 21 pitch.

My boat is a little heavier than your hpx so I may have to go down a pitch. Did the friend with the 16 redfisher and the merc 115 get to max RPM's when he ran it?

I went to the merc site and see that the diameter is 12.7", not 13.25-13.5" like most for the 115 outboards. That thing should be fast with the smaller diameter! Hhmmmm

Where's The Fish (RW) drove over to my friends Mercury dealership and we tried the prop on both our boats. I have a 2001 Redfisher with a 2012 Pro XS 115. I was at 5680-5700 rpm's with the fastest GPS p*** of 55.1 mph. I had about a half of tank of fuel. I was running a Laser II 21 with a max 5590 rpm and 50 -51 mph on gps. The prop is like a rocket out of the hole on both our boats. They do have a nice cup and seems to lift the boat better. Almost like a b*** boat up and running on the pad. RW could never blow the prop out. We took about a three mile ride up the winding Ocklawaha River in his HPX and it was unbelievable how well the prop held.

Skeeter95, thanks for the comparison on your boat. I have 3 props that run the same speeds as your laser 21 running a light load. It would be nice to get a few more mph out of mine. The pre-2005 hulls like yours have always been good performers. Mine is a 2007 and suffers from slower speeds and porpoising issues but I still keep trying to make it go. Lol

• 5 months later...

Hey everyone! I just bought a Spitfire X7 in 21 Pitch for 18HPX.

I bought the prop based off of what was posted on this forum. I have to say I am very pleased with the results. I picked up 3MPH compared to my Powertech 4 blade 18pitch prop. Even with my jackplate all the way up and trimmed up I could not blow out the prop. Very happy.

Here is a quick video running through some backbay creeks with the Prop.

Archived