Repower Pathfinder 2200V-TE

got1on

On 10/2/2019 at 12:23 PM, nhinshoreangler said:

Another to consider:

Mercury V6 225 4 stroke 

dry weight *Lightest model available
  • 475 lbs / 216 kg

Mine came in today after 10 months of waiting. Hoping to have it on the boat in the next week or so.  I'll report back with a thread. boat is getting a bunch of other goodies too.

• Like 1

Yeah, it’s pretty quick.  It has a 4 blade prop so it’s top speed is low 60’s with full fuel tank and crew. But it gets to 60 REALLY quickly. I’m more concerned about getting on plane quickly. With the trim tabs, I really never need a jackplate. 
The setup works well for me. 

• 4 weeks later...

I would love to hear from anyone who has re-powered an older (pre-2005) 2200V or 2200V-TE regardless of the brand. Tell me what you had, what you chose for new power, and your level of satisfaction with the installation. Also, any recommended dealers in South Florida (I'm in Broward) would be great.

I repowered my 2005 2200v from a 2006 150 Yamaha to a 2019 200 Suzuki.  Run a four blade 21 pitch power tech ofx4. Just completed first 20 hrs and was very impressed. Motor is very quiet and sips fuel.  Here in South Texas not a ton of Suzuki dealers but the price was great compared to A new Yamaha.  Really performs like a new boat. Oh and probably a 175 would run just about as well with proper prop for a couple grand less. I get 49mph moderately loaded at 5800 rpms which is all I want and I have much better lower end performance  hope this helps.bh

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2019 at 9:53 AM, smooth move said:

i put a in line 4 cyl 200 yammie on my 02 2200v. top end is same as the 200 hpdi i had and fuel economy is up. hole shot suffered a bit, but after playing with props, i can live with it. wot is 57 and top end is 50. almost 400 hrs now and still happy.

What prop are you running?

i have a 2004 22 TE and went from a 200vmax hpdi to a  Yamaha in-line f200. Fuel economy is way better. Hole shot is not as good but I can live with it. I generally run with loaded livewell a and passengers. Top end is mid 40’s loaded with a power tech ofx19 3 blade

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Repowered our 2008Xl from a yamaha 250 4 stroke to Mercury 150 4 stroke.  Lost some top end but love the way the boat handles.  Much much better with the lighter engine.  Your boat is much lighter than our XL so I would think your top end should still be in the upper 40's

I rebuilt a ‘99 2200v and powered it with a 4 stroke Mercury 150.

The guys on here told me the pre 01’ are light hulls.  I get 46-47mph with 2 anglers 3/4 tank of fuel , coolers/ice , full live well.

Alone , lightly i almost top at 50 mph.  I have about 25 hrs on my engine and the numbers are getting better so i dont think its fully broken in yet .

According to the Mercury vessel view app:

3850 rpms 30.5mph, @6.1 gph

4000 rpms 32.5 mph, @ 6.8 gph

4400 rpms 35.5 mph, @8.1 gph

I’ll try to get specs at full throttle.

I run a 17p Mercury Enertia prop.  

My 2004 has a max horsepower rating of 250HP and if money were no object, I would be hanging a Yammy 250 SHO on her.  But after a lot of careful consideration, I have decided to go with a 200HP E-TEC. I am hoping to maintain a similar hole shot and max mph, with better fuel economy and less noise.