Anyone use these for Optimas?

F1sh0n

http://www.amazon.com/Billet-Aluminum-Battery-Bracket-Batteries/dp/B00U5L7H64/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1449436708&sr=8-7&keywords=optima+34+hold+down

I just got new Optimas for my trolling motor batteries. Thinking of these instead of traditional plastic hold downs. They are 2-3 times as expensive, but if they hold the batteries well it might be worth it.

What do you guys think about the idea concept? My biggest worry is the stainless and aluminum corroding, otherwise seems like a good fit.

Well decided to take the plunge and use these after all. First let me say . . THEY LOOK GREAT. They hold the batteries tighter than anything I have ever used. Will try and get some pictures tomorrow or Thursday to show to the forum.

For the bolts and screws I used 4200 as a "anti" lock and to try and limit the amount of contact between the stainless and aluminum. Overall the setup was pricy, but seems like it will work well for years to come. One note. Use flat top screws . . tested with rounded top and they actually were just a smidgen to tall for the frame, so the hold downs had a upward angle.

Archived