25 Hybrid 300 yami prop

Stricklyoutdoors

PT 3 blade 15 1/4 x 20 Just me, full fuel, full live well it will hit 5900 rpm and 58 MPH. Cruise is 4000 and around 36-39 MPH with 2.8 to 3.1 MPG. Add people and all their stuff the top end numbers fall off pretty quick. The 4000 RPM cruise and MPG numbers stay pretty consistent. Hole shot is not superb but I tried a bunch of 4 blades and lost tons of speed. 

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:46 PM, Stricklyoutdoors said:

I searched and can’t find anything... 

looking for props and numbers with 25 Hybrid no t-top full load. 

Has anyone spun Merc props yet? 

HS4-18/19 maybe? 

Trying to get some data collected to start some personal prop testing.. 

Thank you. 

I know of a guy (and member here) who is running a Merc. prop on his 25 Hybrid, and is pushing it a few tenths shy of 67 mph. That's with a hard top. I'm not sure if he will chime in or not.

16 hours ago, jason p said:

Seriously...67? I’m not callin’ BS but that’s the fastest I’ve ever even heard of one of these 2500s going, with a F300. That’s like 9 mph  faster than I’ve seen in mine anyway. I’d love to hear from this guy and see what prop he’s running. 

He's running a Merc. 350.

On 9/29/2019 at 9:22 PM, jason p said:

Seriously...67? I’m not callin’ BS but that’s the fastest I’ve ever even heard of one of these 2500s going, with a F300. That’s like 9 mph  faster than I’ve seen in mine anyway. I’d love to hear from this guy and see what prop he’s running. 

Yes yes I’d like to know these facts also cause I’ve talked to 3 guys with 350’s and all say loaded with the right prop 60-61 at best and I decided not to deal with getting a 350 vrod just for a couple MPH wasn’t worth the headache.. with 300 yami’s I’ve heard 57-58 on a buddies and 58/59 on another with the right tide wind and little chop no tops I’m just trying to get 60 and will give up a little hole shot for it on tourney days.. 

On 9/30/2019 at 9:29 PM, Stricklyoutdoors said:

Yes yes I’d like to know these facts also cause I’ve talked to 3 guys with 350’s and all say loaded with the right prop 60-61 at best and I decided not to deal with getting a 350 vrod just for a couple MPH wasn’t worth the headache.. with 300 yami’s I’ve heard 57-58 on a buddies and 58/59 on another with the right tide wind and little chop no tops I’m just trying to get 60 and will give up a little hole shot for it on tourney days.. 

I don't think there is a prop out there that will give you 60 loaded for a tourney. Unless, of course, you are fishing all by yourself or your team mates are all very small people. As soon as I put 2 people plus me in the boat my top end drops to about 55. 

I think I saw 60 once when I first got the boat with nothing in it and about a 1/4 tank of fuel. Running the PT OFX420p and two people with  full tank of fuel and normal load will run right at 56. Fill livewell and have a fishing load, coolers full front fish box full of ice and we will see 55/54. Hole shot is very good with this prop thou. I believe I am a little over propped with normal load. Light load I can get to 5800rpms, normal load is about 5600. I am going to have the prop shop knock the pitch down to 19 and see if that gets me the extra rpms under a normal load.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2019 at 10:54 PM, bsh102 said:

I think I saw 60 once when I first got the boat with nothing in it and about a 1/4 tank of fuel. Running the PT OFX420p and two people with  full tank of fuel and normal load will run right at 56. Fill livewell and have a fishing load, coolers full front fish box full of ice and we will see 55/54. Hole shot is very good with this prop thou. I believe I am a little over propped with normal load. Light load I can get to 5800rpms, normal load is about 5600. I am going to have the prop shop knock the pitch down to 19 and see if that gets me the extra rpms under a normal load.

Thanks for the info! We run 2/3 guys and minimal tackle one well full of bait and just a bag cooler we try to stay pretty light as far as gear on the boat for tourneys,  I’m taking delivery with no windshield (doing a 6inch one or nothing) or grab rail no front cooler and might end up going to lithium batteries. Also trying to figure out how to mount my xi5 on the rear deck and still be out of the way. I know it’s only a couple MPH but some days it can make a huge difference.. 60’s my number but we shall see what happens!! 

13 hours ago, Stricklyoutdoors said:

Thanks for the info! We run 2/3 guys and minimal tackle one well full of bait and just a bag cooler we try to stay pretty light as far as gear on the boat for tourneys,  I’m taking delivery with no windshield (doing a 6inch one or nothing) or grab rail no front cooler and might end up going to lithium batteries. Also trying to figure out how to mount my xi5 on the rear deck and still be out of the way. I know it’s only a couple MPH but some days it can make a huge difference.. 60’s my number but we shall see what happens!! 

Another one lost far down the rabbit hole. :D

A guy I used to fish against a lot had a Lake and Bay that he had a spare puck for the trolling motor for, aft the console. It should be simple enough if you don't mid blocking access to a hatch or two, which would only be while under way. I am looking at doing the same thing on my 23, and like you, a windshield, bow weight, etc. may only be a few MPH, but it adds up quick! Did you happen to see the thread about working the high speed pick up grate? I have not done mine yet, but plan to this "winter", when I will be in the hunt to crack 70. I plan to do something with the windshield, too. I have noticed my boat (due to the console I guess) is VERY wind sensitive. I also plan to fab up a hole shot plate too, which may be minimal, but will at least cut down the splash back when coming off plane.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BradM said:

Another one lost far down the rabbit hole. :D

A guy I used to fish against a lot had a Lake and Bay that he had a spare puck for the trolling motor for, aft the console. It should be simple enough if you don't mid blocking access to a hatch or two, which would only be while under way. I am looking at doing the same thing on my 23, and like you, a windshield, bow weight, etc. may only be a few MPH, but it adds up quick! Did you happen to see the thread about working the high speed pick up grate? I have not done mine yet, but plan to this "winter", when I will be in the hunt to crack 70. I plan to do something with the windshield, too. I have noticed my boat (due to the console I guess) is VERY wind sensitive. I also plan to fab up a hole shot plate too, which may be minimal, but will at least cut down the splash back when coming off plane.

I didn’t see the high speed pick up thread what did that consist of?? 

On 10/10/2019 at 11:22 PM, Stricklyoutdoors said:

Please give us your performance numbers once you get it propped. I'm guessing with your tournament load you will run 55, 56.