Minn Kota Power Drive install??

Limitless

I just got a new Power Drive with spot lock etc. for my 16' Redfisher and I'm working on the install to be ready for the OT.  I'm not crazy about the required over hang but with the quick release it wont be bad all the time.

If anyone has pics they could share of positioning on a small skiff - Hewes, Mav, etc. I'd really appreciate it.  I dont think I'm going to be able to get nuts far enough up under the bow deck to secure that way, so if anyone has ideas on that I'd appreciate that too.  I am doing a search for stainless expanding anchors for the install but would like thoughts on that.  As usual many thanks for help from the MBG family.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know whether or not you have the older RF16 with the separate anchor locker - but I do.  I moved the center cleat over to the inside edge and put in a 4" screw in port so I could get my arm under the deck to install the trolling motor where it should be installed.  P.O. had it installed where he could reach it on the side (multiple times!  I had to patch 18 holes where presumably he kept ripping off the trolling motor because it stuck out both sides of the boat across the deck).  

I'm not terribly proud of my gelcoat matching....it was WAY off (I couldn't find my tint kit and figured the default white would 'probably' be close...lol.).  Bottom picture shows location of the 24v Ulterra.  I had to move the center deck cleat to mount it there (replaced with two collapsing cleats on either side).

48119577941_20eab5f170.jpg

48289087366_380c7bc594.jpg