Tampa Bay redfish GoPro video!

linesider 159

Here is the first video with the GoPro i picked up on black friday, still learning how to edit everything so its not perfect.Took some friends fishing and managed to get some good footage of redfish that day.Hope you guys like it!

1 fish was 26 3/4 inches long and the other was close or a little over. The other fish we got i didnt measure because i just wasnt thinking about it, but they were good fish, not as good though. Would have been nice to pair one of them up with the 26 3/4 we had in the tournament the week before, instead we came back with a perfect fish (that spit up half a big crab in the livewell), and then a 19-20 inch dink :susel: .

One fish ate 15 feet in front of the boat after it swam across the bow. I couldnt believe it didnt spook!

That's awesome - you gotta get the cast and retrieve prior to the bite. Watching the fight is only part of the fun. You did that well in this vid.

BTW, if you are looking to extend your battery life, you may want to look at the wasabi batteries. YOu can get two and a double charger for a good price and they are MUCH better than the Go Pro battery. Hardest thing you'll have to do is stop yourself to replace batteries during the trip - I never want to put the rod down long enough.

Every once in awhile, you get that great shot of the strike - here's a vid I took of a trip up here in Eastern NC. A little different environment from Florida, but many of the same fish:

I think that's the CCC bridge so guessing you fished upper bay. How were the puffers? I fished up there today, and they were terrible, ate like a whole bag of soft plastic. I did see a bunch of fish, but only got a couple.

Good video.

Ive waged a war against the puffers. Your guess on the CCC is correct. Found the better fish south of it though.

The puffers and needles are the worst i have ever seen them lately. Had a tournament 3 weeks ago, and all 3 of us went through 12-15 baits, sometimes back to back casts in different areas.

I didnt realize you fish upper bay. Shoot me a pm sometime and you, flatwater, and i can go fishing. I get back in town next friday and will be fishing 3-5 times a week

I think the live bait is still here, last winter they were here through the entire winter but only in certain areas a few guides knew so it was kept between friends. You could get white bait any day in the same spot.

A friend sent me a photo today blacked out with white bait but i think that was in the intracoastal

I hardly ever fish with live bait, usually only a couple times a year when im going to weedon or the surrounding areas so luckily i usually dont have to worry about it. If i do get bait i get some ladyfish or shrimp.

3 weeks ago there was white bait on the flats in upper bay in scattered pods, havent been back since.

I fished yesterday with my son at weedon.

We caught some bait right there on the flat, it was a bit tough. They wouldn't come to chum and they were just huddled in the pot holes in small groups. But got enough for a four year old to catch 6 snook and a puffer in an hour.

No big ones, but lots of fun. Fished just north of Christmas p***.

Archived