SWFL refurb shops?

SWFL21

Hey guys,

Ive been pondering the idea about getting my 21' MA painted/spiffed up. 

Curious as to who any of you have dealt with in the past? I cant get ahold of IMC boatworks, and would've figured that they would be my best bet... Sent countless emails and a handful of phone calls.

My MA has seen some use from its previous owner (as well as me), small chips in the paint, some love marks/spider cracks on the rub rail... Ive been pondering a repower from my 225 ox66, and wouldnt mind a big refresh at the same time with paint and whatnot.

Would love to hear your suggestions! 

• 2 weeks later...

Fort Myers/Naples. Finally got in touch with IMC, going to bring my boat by their shop in a few days to get a ballpark quote...

Im realizing this may be a very good opportunity to do a whole lot of work, just gotta build up the budget....

Do you all have any suggestions for good things to do while under the knife? Any sort of transom strengthening? My stringers look good! 

Check with Bob at Inshore Marine in Pompano...he knows how to dress up an old girl really nice...he's an expert in glass work, sea-deck, etc.

He's on the forum, many here have used his work...

There is also a guy in MIami, who's a legend, Diaz I believe....I think COTO has his info....

Just a few thoughts....just be prepared to drop of your girl for a few weeks and wait.....and be patient...it takes time to do this type of work.

DC

6 hours ago, SWFL21 said:

Did you encounter any unexpected "I should fix this now while I can" moments?

As I'm a DIY'r...I tend to do a little at a time.....but, my only advise is get an estimate, then multiply by 1.25 for safety and add two weeks on to any time estimate.

But, if you have the $$$, go for one shot and get-r-done !!!

Once a good glass mechanic get started, you are always better off to just let him do the whole thing...it's the prep and going out to da bote that takes time and not the actual work in many cases.

dC

Going in for a quote at IMC tomorrow, Im sure they will talk options to me and things I havent even thought about. 

I have a pretty fair list of things that I want done, so that should help things stay on track... 

Im also curious if some shops would be ok with me doing a bit of prep work, such as removing the bottom paint.

Ill keep ya in the loop!