'99 Pathfinder 2200v

SW Skif

Guys,

I'm researching a  '99 hull, no engine on it at this time.  A few concerns. 

The side drains.  Wet feet.  Right now the hull I'm looking at doesn't have rabuds or a flapping device.  Is water an issue?  

I'd with a 150 4 stroke.  Unsure which brand at this time.

I'm also concerned about how water gets into the tank via the console.  How is this addressed/resolved?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

~Frog

Passing on this one.  Needs a complete rewire, storage layout is not good and the price is not right.

Bama, when did pathfinder add the front deck hatches?  I also don't like how the newer hulls increased in weight.  Looking to get the best s[peed/economy from the 150 engine.

12 minutes ago, frogfoot said:

Passing on this one.  Needs a complete rewire, storage layout is not good and the price is not right.

Bama, when did pathfinder add the front deck hatches?  I also don't like how the newer hulls increased in weight.  Looking to get the best s[peed/economy from the 150 engine.

I believe this happened  in 2002 or 2003  

On 8/26/2019 at 6:31 AM, Bamaskeet said:

Pathfinder made that exact hull for almost 20 years until the XL design was introduced.

What they did change in 2001-2002 was the liner.  The 2002 and newer boats have a self bailing deck, fiberglass storage lids and a top opening hatch in the front deck.

Thanks TP. 

Ideally i’d Like to find just a hull.  Very little luck so far.  I’ll just keep searching. 

Keeping it simple. 

Couple of questions. How many pumps does this hull have?  Live well , bilge  release well, ?  Are pumps accessible?  What about the wiring? Also do the batteries  rest inside the deck of the console.  I’m concerned about the battery weight damaging the deck. Also batteries are awfully close to the sender and exposed tank. 

I have a 2000 2200V. Bought it new. It has 1 bilge, 1 recirc, 1 live well raw water pump.  The bulge is tough to get to, but doable. Cutting your access port larger would help.  I haven’t don’t this but I’ve seen it done.  The livewell pumps are both easy to change. I may consider adding a second bilge as a back up.

My cranking battery was originally in the back near the oil tank.  When I installed the power pole pump, I relocated the cranking inside the console with my two trolling motor batteries. Works well as this is where my battery charger is. I also like the batteries here due to weight. There’s a cover over the fuel tank.  

Just a few updates....

I had the gas tank pumped and cleaned out. 

Trailer shopping....last trailer I bought was a Rolls Axle, 18 years ago  Never an issue with it.  Just change wheel bearings and tires over that period.  Naturally I’m going with a Rolls again.

First prop I’m going to try will be the tempest plus, 3 blade , 19 pitch. 

~Frog

• 3 weeks later...

Update on the project....

While waiting for my trailer i’ve  been pretty busy.

Sanding , buffing and waxing. Not easy....but the gel coat , looks really nice considering a 20 yr old boat.

The carpet in the front storage areas. Ive thought about keeping, but what is everyone else doing?  Keep the carpet?  Take the carpet out maybe line with dri-dek?

I’ll post some pictures soon.

E4331B80-350D-403C-8078-2E25A5E8953E.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been very busy with work/life/family/etc.

Last night I attached the cushions. 

Minor trailer adjustments done.

Maiden voyage is tomorrow though!  Water and food and basically cruising around and get a feel for this boat.  Seas will be light, and mostly sunny.

Basically the boat is ready. I need a couple of coolers , minor conveniences etc. 

Ill be testing props, and I think I have the winner with me but we’ll see.  Frankly I just want to get on the water to fish!

No trolling motor yet. Deciding on if I should go old school control or with one of the spot locks. M Kota, M Guide or Rhodan.

Thats about it really. 

Well I put appx 80 miles on the odometer yesterday. A variety of speeds etc, basically to work this out while still complying with the engine break in.

Hull performance is impressive. It was a light chop yesterday and this hull performs nicely.

I was concerned about the side scuppers.  No issue at all.  Not a drop of water.

Using a Standard Merc Enertia (17p), here are the numbers:

5800/48

5600/46.5

5500/45.5

5000/41.5

4500/37.5

4000/32.5

3500/26.5

3000/22

2000/8

rpm/mph 

A few minor things need to be done but the boat is in working order/seaworthy.

Among the items-trolling motor, coolers, a a dotage box or two.

Everyone that contributed with advice, I really appreciate it.  A virtual beer for everyone!🍻

Are there any Naples members here?

🐸

71AD6BB9-5D51-448E-8556-24419184D256.jpeg

0878B5F8-AA8C-4B3A-8E37-77F46042E53D.jpeg

0B4241B1-117E-4280-B5AD-1410138F0D8D.jpeg