Vintage Pathfinder Performance Bulletins

goldspoon

I will say those numbers are dead on accurate with that motor and prop set up - I used to have the identical rig.  The only problem was that prop was useless if you made any turns.  Prop cavitation was extremely bad.  OFX4-20 solved the problem completely.  It nocked 3 or 4 mph off the top end, but made the boat feel like it was on rails.

On 8/22/2019 at 6:24 PM, goldspoon said:

Looking to repower my 2002 Pathfinder 2200 V.  

Anyone know of a source for the older pathfinder performance bulletins for various size motors ?

I had a 2005 with a F150 and an OFX 17 4 blade prop and Jack plate

Depending on your style of fishing and people....for me, who only fished max 3, 90% two, it was a good set up

Fuel - 5 mpg

Top end - low 40's

Hole shote - good

$ to value ratio - high

if I were to buy another Pathfinder - I'd still go back to the F150

For the $$$ it's a good value, there are many low hour used ones around...easy to service.

DC

Thanks for all the feedback. 

I had the 150 hpdi and will most likely go with 175 or 200 hp yamaha fourstroke inline 4 to keep weight down. 

Ideally would like a  low hours used model ; however, not having much luck locating any.   Would appreaicte any leads.

May have to bite the bullet and go for a new one.  

• 3 weeks later...

This board is always amazing with great feedback.  Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences. 

Hutch you are exactly right for Texas....no clean used Yamaha units to be found and Suzuki is considerably less  expensive approaching $2000 for same horsepower.

Makes me wonder how there can be that much difference in cost .

Would definitely like to learn more about your experience with Suzuki  especially in the area of their warranty performance ( 3+3)  and any issues with corrosion.

Again thanks to all.

• 2 weeks later...

Will do.  No issues yet but not that many hrs yet..The Suzuki dealer is also the guy I bought my pf from so maybe that will help but the brand does lack higher end shops that service Yamahas....The motor is extremely quiet and efficient. And it literally jumps up on plane. I get about 48mph wot 5800 rpm w a Powertech ofx4 21 which is all I need. Marcus at pt did a great job.  Again I would think a 175 Suzuki would cost about 1500 less than the 200....and propped right should have similar numbers. I liked my Yamaha 150 but the difference is night and day.  Good luck.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I JUST REPLACED MY OLD 1999 2200Vs YAMAHA 1999 150 HPDI WITH A NEW 2022 YAMAHA 150hp F150 4 STROKE. MY OLD 1999 2200V PLANED AT 2700 RPM WITH THE OLD ENGINE.

WITH THE BRAND NEW 2200 YAMAHA 150 FF150 THE 1999 HULL STILL  PLANES AT 2700RPM. FUEL ECONOMY GOOD. MY ONLY COMPLAINT WITH THE NEW MOTOR IS IT'S TOO QUIET!!!!!

THIS STURDY 22 YEAR OLD HULL HAS NO LEAKS, NO CRACKS OR STRIATIONS IN THE GELCOAT OR FIBERGLASS, HATCH COVERS TIGHT, AND ORIGINAL BILGE PUMP AND LIVEWELL PUMP STILL WORKING.

I HAVE FISHED THIS PATHFINDER FROM THE BACKCOUNTRY TO 20 MILES OFF SHORE IN THE GULF IN GOOD WEATHER AND SOMETIMES BAD BUT ALWAYS FELT SAFE ON THE RUN HOME.

THEY''RE GREAT BOATS..................................AN OLD FISHERMAN

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 6:41 PM, old fisherman said:

I JUST REPLACED MY OLD 1999 2200Vs YAMAHA 1999 150 HPDI WITH A NEW 2022 YAMAHA 150hp F150 4 STROKE. MY OLD 1999 2200V PLANED AT 2700 RPM WITH THE OLD ENGINE.

WITH THE BRAND NEW 2200 YAMAHA 150 FF150 THE 1999 HULL STILL  PLANES AT 2700RPM. FUEL ECONOMY GOOD. MY ONLY COMPLAINT WITH THE NEW MOTOR IS IT'S TOO QUIET!!!!!

THIS STURDY 22 YEAR OLD HULL HAS NO LEAKS, NO CRACKS OR STRIATIONS IN THE GELCOAT OR FIBERGLASS, HATCH COVERS TIGHT, AND ORIGINAL BILGE PUMP AND LIVEWELL PUMP STILL WORKING.

I HAVE FISHED THIS PATHFINDER FROM THE BACKCOUNTRY TO 20 MILES OFF SHORE IN THE GULF IN GOOD WEATHER AND SOMETIMES BAD BUT ALWAYS FELT SAFE ON THE RUN HOME.

THEY''RE GREAT BOATS..................................AN OLD FISHERMAN

Looking to make the same upgrade, what is your top end mph with the 150 inline 4?

• 11 months later...