Power Washer

fin-addict

if anyone is looking at buying a power washer for around the house or boat, I suggest the Ryboi 1700 psi electric one for $159. at home depot. 5 star rating, 3 year wty. used sons to clean concrete dock wood dock pilings, wood landscaping ties. fantastic little machine. did as good a job as the gas 2800 psi I have used in the past. light weight and small. just an fyi.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ryobi has hit a home run with these things. I got the similar 1600 psi one just cause I liked the smaller design for storage and not tipping over. I think mine was $120 and I was very surprised with the quality for the price. Can't say enough good about it really. Works as well as any of the bigger gas ones I've had and easy to get out quickly and use.

So, even though it is only 16/1700 PSI, these are just as good as some of the gas ones?

Reason I ask, is I was going to get one of the 3000 PSI gas ones at Costco next time they went on sale, but this would save some $$$. I have a cheap electric that I stole from the FiL and it stinks. I think it is one from Wal Mart so that may explain it.

son has used the soap dispenser, works great. looking to get the 1700 or the 1600 myself. like the 1600 due to it's size for storage. only concern, the 1600 appears to have a nylon hose fitting rather than the br*** on the 1700.

The hose fittings on my 1600 are br***. I think you are seeing the fitting on the "collapsible" wand which is plastic but I've had no problems with mine after quite a bit of use.

I feel the electric is as good as gas, but the difference between 1600 and 3000 is a big difference. all depends on your needs. my condo has a gas 2800 for cleaning the docks but not to often so I want one for myself for my dock area just outside my lanai and used a 1700. it just as good of job in the same amount of time. as for the boat, do not want 3000 psi on my gelcoat. 1600 great for the nonskid, no damage and can choose type of tip I want to use.

to give you an idea as to the power of the 1700, while cleaning the concrete dock I could feel concrete dust hitting my feet while using the turbo tip.

I am sad to admit that I bought a Ryobi rechargeable pole chain saw - and I love it. I use a pole saw only a few times a year and my experience is that gas tools just don't appreciate that type of usage so I so I said what the heck and bought a 40v Ryobi one. *** thing works great. Cuts everything a small chainsaw would and has extensions up to about 10 feet. Put the battery in and just starts and runs. I ever thought the day would come, but I feel better admitting to the world that I now own a battery operated chainsaw.

Man and miss the fun of mixing the oil and gas, pulling your shoulder out trying to get it to start, and smelling like fumes for 2 days afterward. What are you thinking?

A pole saw is a wonderful thing, just use it more. Can make a mess of your yard in hurry,

"just let me catch that one more limb, oh that doesn't look right, need to lop that other one off now"

Reminds of lyrics to a Steve Earl song - get you into trouble but it can't get you out

Anyway, sorry to get so far OT.

• 1 month later...

Picked up the 1600 PSI Ryobi unit today for $100 and it's awesome! It's a tiny little unit. I hesitated getting this one vs the 1700 PSI unit, but space is limited for me and I love the compact size. I doubt there's much difference between the 1600 and the 1700 unit as far as power goes. If you're thinking about one go ahead and grab one!

Archived