Suzuki 140 vs 150

Shallowminded6

Does anyone have any experience with Suzuki 140/150 on a Hewes Redfisher 18, Light tackle, or a similar hull (pathfinder/Maverick or any boat somewhat of that size). Any praises/complaints about either HP? I am debating about either having my engine rebuilt or repowering. I currently have a 2000 18’ Hewes Light tackle with a 150 Yamaha V-max. 

had DF 140 on Redfish Lappy.  just 50lbs more than old Yammy 115V.  Propped right jumped on plane. Not a speed demon, but hole shot important to me.  Sips gas.  Change the internal anodes every 100 hours, they are really small and do their job.     The 150 is a completely different engine, i have no experience with it.  

1 hour ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

I just repowered with a DF140a on my 19 Pathfinder. I replaced a Yamaha 130. Not much weight difference, MUCH better fuel economy that it’s almost unbelievable. I actually get 2-3mph more than the Yamaha. 

What kind of speed are you getting from that? That seems close to the same hull as mine. Is the hole shot good?

7 hours ago, johnd said:

had DF 140 on Redfish Lappy.  just 50lbs more than old Yammy 115V.  Propped right jumped on plane. Not a speed demon, but hole shot important to me.  Sips gas.  Change the internal anodes every 100 hours, they are really small and do their job.     The 150 is a completely different engine, i have no experience with it.  

Is that the 18’ or 16’? 

On 8/20/2019 at 6:38 AM, Shallowminded6 said:

FLDXT what kind of numbers did you see on your 17? I was hitting mid 50’s with the V-max. But just cruised about 35-40 most of the time. 

My WOT was somewhere around 43 with a fill tank of fuel, which is alot of weight. I'd cruise in the low to mid 30s. I had a big 4 blade PT prop though, probably could have got alot more speed with a 3 blade but I fished shallow alot. I second the internal engine anodes, they need to be done annually.

• Thanks 1