prop question with a 150 Yamaha 4 stroke 20ft LT

polliwog

As the title says I am looking for some answers on propping a new 150 Yamaha. Engine came with a "standard" stainless prop, I don't have the pitch,but it gets out of the hole just fine and runs great up to 4,500rpms.  When I try to trim the boat I can't get WOT throttle with out the bow wanting to plow even though I'm trimmed out to the point of blowout. Obviously there is no trim tab causing this they are in neutral position.  I need a prop that will lift bow if that is possible.

Boat has a trolling motor on bow,but no other extra weight up there.  Full fuel tank and just me running solo. BTW no  water in the live bait well.

I guess I'm asking what 20Lt owners are running on their rigs. THX

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

sorry I've been away for a while.  Big snooks, What do you mean by bottom work.?  I have read somewhere on this sight that there are props that provide more lift.  I've never had a boat that wouldn't lift even some as it was trimmed.  At 40mph it is fine,when I add power you can feel the bow start to plow. The only thing on the bow area is a Troller.  Batteries are in the consol.

I'm not a speed demon,so it's not like I want to go WTO all the time.  My 150HP VMAX didn't do this as much. 

I have a 1996 Hewes LT 20 and an '06 Yamaha F150.

OFX3R19PCLYX200 Port 3/8"

That is the prop I am running after talking to the guys at Powertech. Love the prop and much better than what I had on it before. Great all around performance and I see ~45 on gps with me loaded up. Probably could squeeze some more out of it running light.

• Like 1