2500 fIsh box pump impeller

jason p

The mascerator has a tough job.. grinding and pumping out the fishboxes.. Dolphins always gack-up their stomach contents.. Ice.. I pump it out before I add more ice on the fish. The occasional hook or leader shuts the pump down till it is cleared. Not possible offshore.

Looking for the better mousetrap..

Marc

My fish box drain has a cover with rather small holes. How do you manage to get ice, gack-up, and other assorted nastiness to go through the drain? I still wish there had been the option to have the box just drain overboard rather than have to have a pump. Withough the pump I was told it had to drain to the bilge. 

18 hours ago, Moderator said:

The mascerator has a tough job.. grinding and pumping out the fishboxes.. Dolphins always gack-up their stomach contents.. Ice.. I pump it out before I add more ice on the fish. The occasional hook or leader shuts the pump down till it is cleared. Not possible offshore.

Looking for the better mousetrap..

Marc

I almost think “the better mouse trap” is to remove the pump and run straight drain line from the box drain to the sea cock. Put the thing on the trailer and open the sea cock and let it drain on the way home. There’s already access to the sea cock through the Beckson hatch on the floor. Basically the same as going into the bilge and then through the garboard plug out the back...right? I don’t know, I think I’m one more $35 rebuild from trying it. 

I agree Tall Tails, overboard would be best but at the end of the day this is a Bay Boat... low freeboard equals low floors and even lower box floors which leaves no room for a down-hill drain pipe run. 

• Like 1