2500 5 gallon bucket question-

Chitwood21MA

I was thinking about pulling the trigger on one myself. I’m a pretty big fan of Shurhold brushes and handles, I’ve had the same handle for like 15 years.  Once you destroy a few cheap brushes and get over the initial shock of a $40 brush head you realize a few years later they’re worth it. 

2 hours ago, jason p said:

I was thinking about pulling the trigger on one myself. I’m a pretty big fan of Shurhold brushes and handles, I’ve had the same handle for like 15 years.  Once you destroy a few cheap brushes and get over the initial shock of a $40 brush head you realize a few years later they’re worth it. 

Possibly the best info ever. I've been on the fence about their handle/brushes for a bit. Not sure why, I don't skimp too often. I'm tired of patching my current handle every time I need it.

Do it and forget about it. Speaking of skimping, I used to wash the non skid on the HPX with a “medium” Shurhold brush and I would wash the smooth stuff by hand with a mitt. Now that we have this big Pathfinder my wife made me get a 10” “super soft” brush to do the shiny gel coat... GAME CHANGER. I feel like an a-hole for not getting one sooner. I wash the vehicles with it as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jason p said:

Do it and forget about it. Speaking of skimping, I used to wash the non skid on the HPX with a “medium” Shurhold brush and I would wash the smooth stuff by hand with a mitt. Now that we have this big Pathfinder my wife made me get a 10” “super soft” brush to do the shiny gel coat... GAME CHANGER. I feel like an a-hole for not getting one sooner. I wash the vehicles with it as well. 

Still weird not seeing you two up here this time of year. The flood action has started off really strong. Glad you’re enjoying the 25’ and the new waters. Appreciate the info on the brushes. 

On 8/17/2019 at 7:52 PM, jason p said:

You could get one of these bucket bases if your worried about it.

https://www.amazon.com/Shurhold-240-Bucket-Base/dp/B00MYTLVGM

I was looking at these but wasn't sure how to mount it. Thought about just roughing up the surface and using a little bit of 5200 instead of screwing it to the hull.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...