Socket by anchor hatch

eshoberg

Folks, my 03 has what looks like a gas fill cap between the front anchor locker and the big hatch.  When you unscrew the cap it has a 3/4" hole through a rubber bushing that looks like a pedestal or leaning type post could be inserted.  I stuck one in mine and it appears to be a little wobbly in the hole.  Is this mount intended for that and if so, is part of mine rotted off?  Seems like the bushing should be longer or there should be a second bushing beneath to provide some stability.  Just looking for something removeable to lean on while running the trolling motor.  It's really for my wife to lean on cause she likes standing up front looking for fish but wants something to steady her when the water is a little rough.  I'm a manly man and can stand in the roughest of waves!  And only occasionally bust my ***.

When I bgt my Maverick the owner had a plate placed on the  fore deck for a removable  seat which he left on the boat. I removed the seat and put a rubber plug in the deck hole.  My stainless plate gives a lot of support for the seat which is probably a good idea. I have a friend who has balance issues and uses it when he is with me.  Bass guys use these all the time.