PF local contest

smooth move

We had some guys on here several years ago that had a gathering in poc. It was quite popular. They called it a special name something like the annual jack and tarpon off. Had catagories like biggest pinfish, ladyfish, hard head etc. This was by no means a serious tournament, but due to the long hike from etex I never got to attend. Since I have retired it would be a lot easier now.

Pathfinder had an owners tourny in Rockport about 10 yrs ago and it was fun, but haven't heard of any interest from them since.

i was thinking of something one dayish around here(Galveston). i'm retired also and can go just about anywhere, but i know some of the locals have jobs and kid obligations and propably would be more likely to do a one day thing where they could include the family.

i'm open to anything though.

There were a couple of MBC tournaments back around '03-04, but there wasn't enough critical m*** then to keep it up. Might be worth asking Skip to try it again sometime soon, particularly since the Pathfinders in particular are so popular here now.

I keep my boat in Rockport and don't have a trailer. There are several advantages to that, but one disadvantage is that I have to stick close to home waters now.

There were a couple of MBC tournaments back around '03-04, but there wasn't enough critical m*** then to keep it up. Might be worth asking Skip to try it again sometime soon, particularly since the Pathfinders in particular are so popular here now.

I keep my boat in Rockport and don't have a trailer. There are several advantages to that, but one disadvantage is that I have to stick close to home waters now.

i keep mine in slings behind the house and it's a PITA to bring the trailer around and load it, so i'm kinda like you. i stay close to home most of the time. i darn near have to rewire the trailer every time i use it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Maybe next spring we'll have a mini-tournament. We could meet up at Harbor Walk, go fish and have lunch afterwards.

How about a modified format where we all go hit the same fishing spots as a PF team tournament? It might be interesting to hit a reef or two with multiple PF boats.

Maybe next spring we'll have a mini-tournament. We could meet up at Harbor Walk, go fish and have lunch afterwards.

How about a modified format where we all go hit the same fishing spots as a PF team tournament? It might be interesting to hit a reef or two with multiple PF boats.

sounds good to me----i'm in. good idea, eating at Harborwalk.

Archived