Stained Deck and No Supper Either

Limitless

So the title is the basics of the outcome, but hopefully the back story will help someone avoid my sad situation.

Last week I had to make a hurried trip to Panama City Beach to meet with my builder on some punch list issues.  In the rush to get my Redfisher parked back behind the locked fence I didnt put the cover on.  I got home last evening and pulled it out this morning for a quick cleanup and hell's bells, there are brown stains all over the deck where the immature pecans (pronounced pi-cahn) fell from the trees I parked under.  Dumb move #1. 

I went inside and explained to my wife how badly I had screwed up and complained about how much work I now faced.  At that point the lovely and talented Becky said accusingly, "I've told you a hundred times not to park under that pecan tree ( pronounced peecan).  Now, I had no choice other than to explain to her that there was no such thing as a Pecan tree.  I pointed out that a "pee can" was something my great grandmother kept under her bed.  Dumb move #2

So boys, dont park under a pecan tree without a cover and dont correct your wife's pronunciation of various flora (or fauna for that matter).  The good thing is I make a pretty good PB&J samwich!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Limitless said:

So the title is the basics of the outcome, but hopefully the back story will help someone avoid my sad situation.

Last week I had to make a hurried trip to Panama City Beach to meet with my builder on some punch list issues.  In the rush to get my Redfisher parked back behind the locked fence I didnt put the cover on.  I got home last evening and pulled it out this morning for a quick cleanup and hell's bells, there are brown stains all over the deck where the immature pecans (pronounced pi-cahn) fell from the trees I parked under.  Dumb move #1. 

I went inside and explained to my wife how badly I had screwed up and complained about how much work I now faced.  At that point the lovely and talented Becky said accusingly, "I've told you a hundred times not to park under that pecan tree ( pronounced peecan).  Now, I had no choice other than to explain to her that there was no such thing as a Pecan tree.  I pointed out that a "pee can" was something my great grandmother kept under her bed.  Dumb move #2

So boys, dont park under a pecan tree without a cover and dont correct your wife's pronunciation of various flora (or fauna for that matter).  The good thing is I make a pretty good PB&J samwich!

Hey - a little tip for you, based on where I see this headed - when you are invited to sleep "elsewhere," do NOT sleep under that nut tree.